For Ben, the crypto hearings within the U.S. Senate – an entire bunch of them, really! – actually marked this yr. Now it’s clear cryptocurrencies have some distinguished opponents on Capitol Hill together with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). What’s going to the crypto politics be in 2022? Ben has some concepts.
On one other regulatory word, this yr the U.S. began an offensive on unlawful crypto use, and likewise demonstrated that the seemingly decentralized and international world of blockchains just isn’t above sanctions policies. That offensive would possibly develop in 2022, Anna believes.
And, after all, NFTs! What would characterize this yr higher? Whether or not the hype will die down or the NFT wave will hold engulfing the world in 2022 is up within the air, however Ben, Anna and Danny have theories to share.
Additionally on this episode: Ben singing and Danny because the Crypto Grinch. Get pleasure from your holidays!
Talked about on this episode:
- Robert Reich: The crypto-congressional complex
- Senate Banking Committee Bashes Bitcoin’s ‘Phony’ Populism
- This Imprisoned Russian Artist Is Selling NFTs to Support His Family and Fellow Inmates
- ConsenSys Suddenly Bars Iranian Students From Ethereum Coding Class
- Chatex Users Ask US Treasury to Release Crypto Frozen by Sanctions
This episode was produced, introduced and edited by Michele Musso. Our Vacation theme music is by Hill and Dresden.