Bitcoin mining agency Fortress Applied sciences has ordered 4,500 Bitmain Antminer S19j Professional machines because it seeks seize a larger share of mining income.
- The acquisition will greater than triple Fortress’ hash charge from 195 petahash per second to 645 PH/s, the agency announced Monday.
- The machines are scheduled for supply in month-to-month instalments from April to September 2022.
- Monetary phrases weren’t disclosed. Fortress didn’t instantly reply to CoinDesk’s request for particulars.
- The acquisition follows two weeks after that of 180 Whatsminers M30S machines, that are expected to be put in by the center of this month.
- The Toronto Enterprise Trade-listed Fortress (TSX-V: FORT) underwent a shake-up of its management crew in September following the departure of CEO Aydin Kilic, who joined publicly traded crypto mining agency Hive Blockchain as president and COO.
- Antonin Scalia and Drew Armstrong joined Fortress from Galaxy Digital as CEO and COO respectively.