Personally, I love the idea of having a soul mate. Even though mine is apparently MIA—(seriously though, hi, where in the world are you?)—it still gives me hope to think that someone’s out there exclusively for me.
Sure, we might not have much proof that soul mates even exist. But at the very least, the concept of a soul mate can give people hope for a love so strong and so pure, it’s literally ~written in the stars~.
This content is imported from embed-name. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
So in the spirit of being in our feels, let’s get a lil mushy for a second and read through these soul mate quotes I’ve curated. For all your aww-ing pleasure, I present you with 30 of them that’ll literally make your heart flutter (you’re welcome).
For when you know the universe brought you two together:
1. “…and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight, as I may say, even for a moment…” – Plato
2. “A bond between souls is ancient – older than the planet.” – The Witching Pen by Dianna Hardy
3. “A soul mate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening.” – Kenny Loggins
4. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
5. “And you and I know that we were lovers since the beginning of time!” – Avijeet Das
6. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
7. “There are no accidental meetings between souls.” – Sheila Burke
8. “If we’d never met, I think I would have known my life wasn’t complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn’t know who I was looking for.” – The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
9. “‘Our souls already know each other, don’t they?’ he whispered. ‘It’s our bodies that are new.’” – Karen Ross
10. “A soul mate is not found. A soul mate is recognized.” – The Love Mindset by Vironika Tugaleva
For the skeptics who don’t really believe in soul mates:
11. “There is no such thing as a soul mate…and who would want there to be? I don’t want half of a shared soul. I want my own damn soul.” – Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
12. “I want to be your soul mate, even if I don’t believe in them.” – This Girl by Colleen Hoover
13. “Maybe our girlfriends are our soul mates and guys are just people to have fun with..” – Charlotte, Sex and the City
14. “Soul mate is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare, and very real.” – Hilary Duff
15. “What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that? he wondered. Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away? The math seemed impossible.” – Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
16. “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soul mate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soul mates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.” – Venus in Arms by Criss Jami
For those of you sooo in love, you literally can’t deal:
17. “I love your feet because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water until they brought you to me.” – Pablo Neruda
18. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
19. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” ― Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe
20. “A soul mate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.” – Thomas Moore
21. “Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.” – Mythology: The Wicked by Helen Boswell
22. “A strong soul reaches anyplace, anytime; body fails to restrain it. And thus, perhaps soul mates are formed.” – Munia Khan
For when you believe you’ve found your “other half”:
23. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
24. “He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began.” – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
25. “Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can’t understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins?” – Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
And for when you love your soul mate, no matter the circumstance:
26. “Our lives may not have fit together, but ohhh did our souls know how to dance…” – K. Towne Jr.
27. “When you meet that person. a person. one of your soul mates. let the connection. relationship. be what it is. it may be five mins. five hours. five days. five months. five years. a lifetime. five lifetimes. let it manifest itself the way it is meant to. it has an organic destiny. this way if it stays or if it leaves, you will be softer. from having been loved this authentically. souls come into. return. open. and sweep through your life for a myriad of reasons. let them be who. and what they are meant.” ― Nayyirah Waheed
28. “Ocean separates lands, not souls.” – Munia Khan
29. “What’s the difference?” I asked him. “Between the love of your life, and your soul mate?”
“One is a choice, and one is not.” ― Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
30. “True love is finding your soul mate in your best friend.” – My Gift to You by Faye Hall
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io