One of le best ways to show the man in your life affection, love, and interest is by giving him an endearing nickname. And TBH, it may come pretty naturally when things start escalating romantically (or sexually), regardless of whether he’s the one or just someone to get to know better.
That’s because nicknames send the message that, yes, this person is special. Which is why it’s even more important to choose a nickname that is actually cute and works for you and your man’s relationship (or situationship, as the case may be).
This content is imported from embed-name. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
Sure, it’s easy to just “baby” this and “baby” that, but nicknames can be a way to define the relationship you have. You know, like set the tone.
So here to help you find the right formula, we’ve compiled a list of 51 names to call the man in your life — whether he’s your boyfriend, your sex buddy, your husband-to-be, your crush, or your partner for life. Choose wisely.
Things to call your boyfriend
- Boo. *Cue Usher voice*.
- Booboo Bear. This is for when you just start being nauseatingly in love (IYKYK).
- Honey Pot. Aww, and you’re his Winnie the Pooh.
- Sugarplum. Because your man is sweet like candy?
- Sweetie. Short and simple.
- Sweetheart. Because being with him feels like Valentine’s Day every day.
- Baby Boy. If Beyoncé can call her man this, so can you.
- Baby Love. For when you’re in an endearing mood.
- Boo Thang. Loving your man, 90’s style.
- Cupcake. Who doesn’t love being compared to a tasty dessert?
- McDreamy. Oh, you’re def trying to study his anatomy.
- Honey Bun. If he’s sweet to the very core.
- Love Bug. This will make him speeeeechless.
- Muffin. Baked foods seem to be a common theme here and I don’t hate it.
Names to call your sex bud
- Baby. Just because you’re casually having sex doesn’t mean you can’t call him “baby”
- Sweet Cheeks. (Not the ones on his face.)
- Bro. For the guy you high-five after sex.
- Dude. Nothing says “keeping it casual” like calling your fuck buddy “Dude.”
- Baby Cakes. Don’t know what this means, but it sounds sexual so.
- Boy Toy. This is both a nickname and a label.
- Sexy. Classic, but effective.
- Doll Face. Let him know he’s a fine lil thing.
- Hercules. If he’s *extra* strong.
- Hot Cakes. For when you want all the frosting.
- Big Guy. Make your man who’s not your man feel real manly.
- Playboy. And you’re ready to be his bunny.
Names to call your fiancé/husband
- Hubby. Just a cute lil thing to call your husband (or husband-to-be).
- Mister. Make it old school.
- Bubba. Sometimes nicknames are just sounds that sound cutesy.
- Booby. Calling someone a boob: rude. Calling them “Booby”: romantic.
- Captain. Yes, you’re both on the relationSHIP.
- Boo Boo. Two “boo”s … powerful.
- Love Dove. And if he’s a bird, you’re a bird.
- Honey. I’d love to be called what is essentially sweet nectar goodness.
- Honey Pie. Put together these sweet words to really send a message of what you think of your man.
- Love. I picture this being said in a British accent which makes it so much better.
What to call the guy you’re *sort of* talking to
- Tinder Babe. TBH, this might be what you have him saved as on your phone.
- Pal. When it’s not that serious and you don’t want to scare him away.
- Babe. If you’re not quite ready to transition to “baby” yet.
- Babes. Make it sound like you’re on an episode of Love Island.
- Baby Boo. He’s not your baby or your boo yet, but he can still be your Baby Boo
- Cutie. Perfect for someone’s who’s a crush but not quite more yet.
- Lover Boy. This is both playful and hinting at the potential of something more
- Cutie Pie. Letting them know they’re cute AND that they’re sweet like pie — the perfect combo
Things to call the father of your child
- Daddy. Sexual connotation intended.
- Baby Daddy. This is both cute and descriptive.
- Big Daddy. And yes, this is in reference to his penis.
- Baby Father. Straight to the point and still an air of cuteness to it.
- Big Papa. *Sings* “I love it when you call me “Big Papa.”
- Zaddy. He’s not just a daddy, he’s a zaddy.
- Papa Bear. And you’re no Goldilocks, his bed is just right for you.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io